Senin, 29 Januari 2007

I am not a TV chef

To be or not to be a chef? My TV cooking debut was today on CBC TV. The host referred to me as a chef. This is quite embarassing. I have never trained as a chef or worked as a chef, and the only kitchen I manage (and badly at that) is my own. However, I am passionate about Saskatchewan food and if I can make great homecooked meals with local foods, then anyone can. The producer of the show says, in her books, that makes me a chef. But I know too many wonderful chefs to put such a respected label on myself. I'm not even a wanna-be chef. It's too much work!

You can view it at the following link (episodes 11-15): http://www.cbc.ca/livingsaskatchewan/index.php?page=archive

The program ran for five days and each day we cook a different course of an all-Saskatchewan meal. I was asked to give the recipes silly Saskatchewan names, but you'll find them under their original names at the following posts on this blog:

Monday - Jumping Mustard Chutney - 23 Sept 2005
Tuesday - Temperance Street Pear Soup - 21 October 2005
Wednesday - Wild West Salad - 20 November 2006
Thursday - Salt of the Earth Trout - 1 October 2006
Friday - Prairie Berry Pie - 9 August 2006
Post title : I am not a TV chef
URL post : http://global64.blogspot.com/2007/01/i-am-not-tv-chef.html

0 komentar:

Show Emoticons

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n: :o: :q: :s:

Posting Komentar