There's a new farmers' market in Saskatoon. It was started to fill the gap created when the Saskatoon Farmers' Market moved into its new permanent location and stopped holding satellite markets around the city. The new group can be found:
Saturday 8 am-2 pm Lawson Heights Mall parking lot
Tuesday 8 am - 2 pm outside London Drugs on 8th Street
Wednesday 8 am - 2 pm Market Mall parking lot
Thursday 8 am - 2 pm in front of Peavey Mart on 51 Street
I attended the Saturday market, which was a bit thin (only four vendors). But one of those vendors was a Hutterite Colony from down south near Cabri with beautiful cabbages and broccoli (which have not yet made an appearance at the Saskatoon Farmers' Market). I hope they can sell enough veggies to pay for the drive up from Cabri four times a week!
I was told that some vendors from the Saskatoon Farmers' Market will be attending the satellite markets on weekdays, so there should be a few more vendors to choose from. I'm sure the seniors who live in the highrises around Market Mall are quite pleased, and I'm glad that I can continue to shop the market at Peavey Mart on Thursday. The more local veggie opportunities the better!
URL post : http://global64.blogspot.com/2007/07/new-farmers-market-in-saskatoon.html
0 komentar:
Show Emoticons
Posting Komentar