Winning pumpkin pie
Second place pumpkin pie
Here are links to my favourite pumpkin recipes on this blog:
Pumpkin Gnocci
Pumpkin Muffins
Pumpkin Ravioli
My husband and I ordered pumpkin-filled pasta in a rustic restaurant in Italy. It was quite heavy on the cinnamon, which I have toned down for this version.
Cut the flesh off a pumpkin, wrap in tinfoil and bake until soft. Mash the soft pumpkin and measure 2 cups. Place in a sieve to drain excess liquid. Mix the pumpkin with 1 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, a few grinds of pepper and salt to taste. Whip an egg with a fork and blend into the pumpkin mixture. Use this mixture in ravioli or other stuffed pasta.
To serve, I made a sauce of melted butter sautéed with plenty of fresh chopped sage, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. I recently had pumpkin tortellini with mushroom cream sauce in a restaurant which was also a very good flavour combination.
Post title : CBC Radio calling - Pumpkins
URL post : http://global64.blogspot.com/2009/10/cbc-radio-calling-pumpkins.html
URL post : http://global64.blogspot.com/2009/10/cbc-radio-calling-pumpkins.html
0 komentar:
Show Emoticons
Posting Komentar