Jumat, 30 April 2010

Soup Week 16 and 17

Here's a pot a vegetables about to boil vigorously in water, thus creating a lovely broth just right for soothing an upset tummy...

Actually, these are not really vegetables but vegetable scraps. I save the stems, peels, skins, etc. in the freezer until I have enough to make broth. Add some peppercorns and a bay leaf, simmer in water and voila, homemade soup stock.

A few days later, I boiled the broth with rutabaga, carrots and apples, then pureed it to make another great soup.

So, here it is week 16 and my New Year's pledge to make a pot of soup per week, with local Saskatchewan ingredients, is still on track!
Post title : Soup Week 16 and 17
URL post : http://global64.blogspot.com/2010/04/soup-week-16-and-17.html

0 komentar:

Show Emoticons

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n: :o: :q: :s:

Posting Komentar