So here's the story behind the chickens: Several years ago, I saw a chicken mosiac at the Saskatchewan Craft Council's swank invitation-only art show. (Yes, I snuck in.) I loved the chicken mosaic so much I decided, after some deliberation, to buy it. To my horror, someone else had bought it in the meantime.
Turns out, it was my friend Janis Cousyn. So, I contracted the artist to make another mosiac for me. Unlike Janis's, mine includes some baby chicks (so I like mine better!). Anyway, Janis installed her chickens in a kitchen reno a couple of years ago, while mine languished under my bed.
No more. This week the mother hen is standing proud. Now if I could just get the plumbers to put in the gas line so I can install the new stove...
PS: If you're interested, the mosiac was made by Arbie Kepler of Saskatoon 306-244-8625.
Post title : Chicken in my Kitchen
URL post : http://global64.blogspot.com/2010/07/chicken-in-my-kitchen.html
URL post : http://global64.blogspot.com/2010/07/chicken-in-my-kitchen.html
0 komentar:
Show Emoticons
Posting Komentar