Sabtu, 14 Agustus 2010

Lovely new Saskatchewan wines

I'm loving the new wines from Living Sky winery near Perdue, Saskatchewan. The rhubarb table wine is great with a lovely finish. The raspberry is yummy. The framboise is even yummier, and I could just about faint for the Juliette cherry fortified wine. And the labels are so cool.





The winery is a venture of Sue Echlin and Vance Lester, who saw fruit wines as a viable means of diversifying their farm. They planted acres of fruit (strawberries, raspberries, cherries, black currents and rhubarb [okay, not a fruit]) and consulted Canada's top fruit wine-maker, Dominic Rivard. Dominic has a good track record in BC, and now I dare says he has a great track record in Saskatchewan. 

Too bad the liquor regulations are such that you won't find their wine in the stores. Maybe someday we'll get over our liquor hang up (or hang over?) here in Saskatchewan. If you're interested, contact the winery.
Post title : Lovely new Saskatchewan wines
URL post : http://global64.blogspot.com/2010/08/lovely-new-saskatchewan-wines.html

0 komentar:

Show Emoticons

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n: :o: :q: :s:

Posting Komentar